Thursday, March 4, 2010

The Little Mermaid

Hello readers!



As promised, a little info on my current choice of background. (My reason for doing the CP will be here by the weekend if I can swing it.....I have studying I should be focusing on this weekend lol)





My current background (when it's working.....right now it seems to be MIA) is themed after the Disney Classic The Little Mermaid. Ever since I was a little princess, I have adored Ariel and her story. I was a LM nut back in the day. I've always been an all Disney fan but when it came to anything Mermaid related I had to have it. I had the LM bedding (I'm sure it's still at the house somewhere hiding if I didn't toss it) including curtains (still have and use those.....I stay within the color scheme when I can since my room is light-blue like a crystal-like ocean). I definitely had the Ariel and Prince Eric dolls (recently gave those away but they were not in pristine condition.....played with them to no end; I'm sure my nieces love em like I did! lol); I have various LM figurines/toys that are still in tip-top shape; I know I had an outfit with matching shoes b/c one of my birthday parties (may have been 3rd or 4th) was LM themed




The story of Disney's The Little Mermaid is timeless and fits the life-story of many a girl around the world (minus the mermaid, talking animals, sea witch and prince part haha). Many of us grow up under a tight ruling with strict parents, usually a strict father. I know of her pain so well lol While my problems didn't deal with loving a human prince and following the MerKing's rules, my dad did have his share of rules and levels of strictness. In so many ways he acted like Triton (still tries to most of the time!) but I was determined to have my way and have my independence. We princesses get reprimanded for the darnedest things don't we? And then when we get closer to our dream (Prince Eric and being human in Ariel's case) life or a sea witch comes to take it away. I'm glad she got her prince and everything she desired in the end as opposed to the real tragic ending or the real LM story. This story and movie will always be held close to my heart. I think this movie is what sparked my love affair with all things oceanic and Disney :)

0 comments: